Active voice to passive voice:
Rules : [i] The subject of Active voice will be changed to the object in the passive voice.
[ii] The auxiliary verb of Active voice will be unchanged in passive voice. If subject of Active voice is 3rd person singular number , the auxiliary verb will be singular in passive voice.
[iii] The past participle form of the main verb of Active voice will be placed in passive voice.
*Present indefinite tense – Active voice (without auxiliary verb)-Passive voice (am/is/are)
Examples: a. I eat rice= Rice is eaten by me.
b. They play cricket.= Cricket is played by them.
c. She writes a letter.= A letter is written by her.
* Past indefinite tense: Active voice without auxiliary verb- Passive voice (was/were).
Examples: a. I did the work. = The work was done by me.
b. He ate rice. = Rice was eaten by him.
c. They played cricket. = Cricket was played by them.
d. He wrote a letter.= A letter was written by him.
* Future indefinite tense : Active voice (shall/will) – Passive voice (shall be/will be).
Examples: a.I will eat rice.= Rice will be eaten by me.
b.We will play cricket.= Cricket will be played by us.
c. He will write a letter.= A letter will be written by him.
d.The girl will sing a song.= A song will be sung by the girl.
*Present perfect tense : Active voice (have/has)- Passive voice (has been/have been).
Examples:a. I have eaten rice.= Rice has been eaten by me.
b.we have played cricket.=Cricket has been played by us.
c.He has written a letter.= A letter has been written by him.
d.I have done the sum.= The sum has been done by me.
*Past perfect tense:
Active voice (had) – Passive voice (had been).
Examples:a. The teacher had taught us.= We had been taught by the teacher.
b.I had eaten rice.= Rice had been eaten by me.
c. They had played cricket.= Cricket had been played by them.
*Future perfect tense :
Active voice (shall have /will have) – Passive voice [will have been/ shall have been]
Examples:a.we will have eaten rice.=Rice will have been eaten by us.
b.I will have played cricket.=Cricket will have been played by me.
c.He will have written a letter.= A letter will have been written by him.
*Present continuous: Active (am/is/are)- Passive(am being/is being/are being).
Examples:a.He is eating rice .= Rice is being eaten by him.
b.They are playing cricket.= Cricket is being played by them.
*Past continuous: Active (was/ were)- passive (was bein/were being).
Examples:a.I was eating rice =Rice was being eaten by me.
b.They were playing cricket.=Cricket was being played by them.
c.He was writing a letter.= A letter was being written by him.
Future continuous: Active (shall be/ will be )- Passive (shall be being/will be being).
Examples:a. I will be eating rice .= Rice will be being eaten by me.
b.He will be writing a letter.= A letter will be being written by him.
c.They will be playing cricket.= Cricket will be being played by them.
Present perfect continuous: Active (have been/has been) – Passive (have been being / has been being)
Examples: a.I have been eating rice.= Rice has been eating ay me.
b.He has been writing a letter.= A letter has been being written by him.
c.They have been playing cricket.= Cricket has been being played by them.
Past perfect continuous : Active (had been) – Passive (had been being)
Examples:a. I had been eating rice.= Rice had been being eaten by me.
b.He had been writing a letter.= A letter had been being played by him.
c. They had been playing ludu.= Ludu had been being played by them.
Future perfect continuous : Active (shall have been/will have been) – Passive (shall have been being / will have been being).
Examples: a. They will have been playing cricket.= Cricket will have been being played by them.
b.He will have been writing a letter.= A letter will have been being written by him.
Some important voice changing:
1.Monika opened the door.=The door was opened by Monika.
2.The girls are playing cricket.= Cricket is being played by the girls.
3.Mr. Mazhar teaches us English.=We are taught English by Mr. Mazhar.or,English is taught us by Mr. Mazhar.
Monika’s mother did for me the unnecessary things.= The unnecessary things were done for me by Monika’s mother.
5.I am eating rice= Rice is being eaten by me.
6.I saw him.= He was seen by me.
7.I drink tea. = Tea is drunk by me.
8. We are digging a canal.= A canal is being dug by us.
9.They are eating Bananas= Bananas are being eaten by them.
10. He killed a bird.= A bird was killed by him.
11. I read the novels = The novels were/are read by me.
12.Monika was reading a book.= A book was being read by Monika.
13. They were flying kites.= Kites were being flown by them.
14. We had dug the canal.= The canal had been dug by us.
15. I will be taking tea .= Tea will be being taken by me.
16. We will have finished the work.= The work will have been finished by us.
17. She will have read the book.= The book will have been read by her.
18. I can do the sum.= The sum can be done by me.
19. I may help you.= You may be helped by me.
20. He killed himself .= He was killed by himself.
21. she hurt herself .= She was hurt by herself.
22. You must do the work.= The work must be done by you.
23. We ought to obey our parents.= Our parents ought to be obeyed by us.
24. They are going to open a bank.= A bank is going to be opened by them.
25. Post the letter.= Let the letter be posted.
26. Write the letter.= Let the letter be written.
27.Do the work.= Let the work be done.
28. Shut the door.= Let the door be shut.
29. Do not play football at noon.= Let not football be played at noon.
30. Do not shut the door.= Let not the door be shut.
31. Do not hate the poor.= Let not the poor be hated.
32.Let him write a letter.= Let a letter be written by him.
33. Let the girl sing a song.= Let a song be sung by the girl.
34. Let me do the work.= Let the work be done by me.
35. Never tell a lie.= Let never a lie be told.
36. Buy me a shirt.= Let a shirt be bought for me.
37. Have you eaten rice?= Has rice been eaten by you?
38.Did you play football?= Was football played by you?
39. Is he reading a book?= Is a book being read by him?
40. who is calling me ? = By whom am I being called?
41.who will help you?= By whom will you be helped ?
42. who has broken the glasses?= By whom have the glasses been broken?
43.whom did you see on the road?=who was seen by you on the road?
44. Whom is he teaching English?= who is being taught English by him?
45.whom has he beaten?= who has been beaten by him?
46.what do you want? = what is wanted by you?
47. what has he done? = what has been done by him?
48. I saw him reading a book.= He was seen reading a book by me.
49. Mr. Mazhar teaches us English.=we are taught English by mr.mazhar.or, English is taught us by Mr. Mazhar.
50. I gave him a book.= He was given a book by me.or, A book was given him by me
51. We made him captain.= He was made captain by us.
52. He called it laurel. = It was called laurel by him.
53.She killed herself .= She was killed by herself.
54.The track ran over the boy.= The boy was run over the track.
55.He laughed at the old man.= The old man was laughed at by him.
56.She looks after the orphans.= The orphans are looked after her.
57.He told me that he had done the work.= I was told that the work had been done by him.
58.They searched his house and found a number of stolen articles.= His house was searched and a number of stolen articles were found by them.
59. I know that he did the work.= It is known to me that the work was done by him.
60. People say that the lion is the king of beast.= It is said that the lion is the kind of beast.
61. Five men were arrested and one fined.= Five me were arested and one was fined.
62. She ran a race.= A race was run by her.
63.Honey tastes sweet.= Honey is sweet when it is tasted.
64.Rice sells cheap.= Rice is sold cheap.or, Rice is cheap when it is sold.
65. The rose smells sweet.= The rose is sweet when it is smelt.
66.The bed feels soft.= The bed is soft when it is felt.
67. The books read well.= The books are well when they are read.
68. The house is building.= The house is being built.
69. The cow is milking.= The cow is being milked.
70. The drums are beating.= The drums are being beaten.
71. Miss Mina wants someone to take photographs.= Miss Mina wants photographs to be taken.
72. Mr. Mazhar wants him to write the letter.= Mr. Mazhar wants the letter to be written.
73. I know the boy.= The boy is known to me.
74. The news shocked her.= She was shocked at the news.
75. He annoyed me.= I was annoyed with him.
76. Panic seized the writer.= The writer was seized with panic.
77. His behaviour surprised me.= I was surprised at his behaviour.
78. The beauty of the girl marvelled him.= He was marvelled at the beauty of the girl.
79. His performance satisfied the teacher.= The teacher was satisfied with his performance.
80. The parcel contains important materials.= Important materials are contained in the parcel.
81. The police ordered the criminal to be shot.= It was ordered by the police that the criminal should be shot.
82. Mahinur Monika made me do the work.= I was made to do the work by Mahinur Monika.
83. He suggested giving up smoking.= He suggested that smoking should be given up.
84. She decided to sell the house.= She decided that the house should be sold.
85. The manager urged the supervisor to reduce the rates.= The supervisor was urged to reduce the rates.
86. One should take care of one’s health.= Health should be taken care of.
87. The thief was caught.= The police caught the theif.
88. He was awarded a gold medal.= We awarded him a gold medal .
89. The tree has been uprooted.= A storm has uprooted the tree.
90.Fire burnt the ship.= The ship was burnt.
91. I had been invited me to the
91.Mother showed me a picture.=I was shown a picture by mother.
92.I have to do it.= It has been to be done by me.
93. All his pupils like him.= He is liked by all his pupils.
94.The motor car ran over the dog.= The dog was run over by the motor.
95. I know that the work is hard.= It is known to me that the work is hard.
96. He made me drive his car.= I was made by him drive his car.
97. Fortune favours the brave.= The brave are favoured with fortune.
98. I will do my duty.=
My duty will be done by me.
99. She is weaving a sari.= A sari is being weaved by her.
100. You should have done it.= It should have been done by you.
101. They are going to start a business.= A business is going to be started by them.
102.We know that the earth is round.= It is known to us that the earth is round.
103.Everyone knows him to be an honest man.= He is known to be an honest man to everyone.
104.His behaviour annoys me sometimes.= I am sometimes annoyed at his behaviour.
105. Nobody knows him there.= He is known to none there.
106. Post the letter.=
Let the letter be posted.
107. Shut the door.= Let the door be shut.
108.Tell him to go.= Let him be told to go.
109.Let them call in a doctor . = Let them be called in a doctor.
110.Do not make a noise.= Let not a noise be made.
111. Ring the bell.= Let the bell be rung.
112. Bring the book.=
Let the book be brought.
113. Please help me.= Let me be helped , please.
114. Take care of your health.= Let your health be taken care of.
115. Look after your parents.= Let your parents be looked after.
116. Pluck me a flower.= Let a flower be plucked for me.
117. Buy a shirt for me.= Let a shirt be bought for me.
118. Do’nt ask me the question.= Let not the question be asked me.
119. Choose the best answer.= Let the best answer be choosen.
120. Do’nt play football at noon.= Let not football be played at noon.
121. I have read her letter.= Her letter has been read by me.
122. He can understand the problems.= The problems can be understood by him.
123. I know how much lif is boring in a small family.= Life in small family how much boring is known to me.
124. I introduced my beautiful country to her.= My beautiful country was introduced to her by me.
125. Bengali is spoken in our country.= Our country people speak Bangali.
126. Many people speak English.= English is spoken by many people.
127. Women wear sari woven by local weavers.= Shari woven by local weavers are won by women.
128. One can easily differentiate the dress.= The dress can be differentiated.
129. Close ties should be maintained with our relatives.= We should maintain close ties with our relatives.
130. Children should be cared of.= Take care of children.
131. People’s property should be protected.=
Government should protect peoples property.
132. Life security must be ensured.= One should ensure life security.
133. Steps should be taken to control natural calamities.= A uthority should take steps to control natural calamities.
134. Necessary measures must be taken to remove illiteracy.= We must take necessary measures to control natural calamities.
135. The poor should not be neglected.=
One should not neglect the poor.
136. Dr. Yunus was awarded Nobel Prize.= Nobel committe awarded Nobel Prize, Dr. Younus.
137. Attempts should made to alleviate proverty.= A ttempts should made to be alleviated poverty.
138. You should not keep the door closed.=
The door should not be kept closed by you.
139. Bribe should not be encouraged.= We should not encourage bribe.
140. Free medical treatment should be given to the poor.= We should give free medical treatment to the poor.
141. He established a hospital to give free treatment to the poor.= He established a hospital to be given free treatment to the poor.
142. Mr. mazhar has taken the right decision.= Right dicision has been taken by him.
143. The old should be looked after .= Look after the old.
144. Today women enjoy more rights.= More right are enjoyed today by women.
145. Now a days women manage the finances of a family.= Now a days the finances of a family is managed by women.
146. Mother runs a family with care.= A family is run by a mother with care.
147. An educated mother supervises all the activities of the family.= All the activities of a family are supervised by an educated mother.
148. Cleanliness must me maintained.= One must maintain cleanliness.
149. They have finished reading the books.=
150. They have finished reading the books.= The book has been finished reading by them.
151. He lets me go.= I am let gone by him.
152.Cats killed mice.= Mice are killed by cats.