English first paper for j.s.c exam
Unit 1 :lesson 2
Key word : Quilt ,artistic, commercially,traditionally, demand,pattern,
Ans the following question:
1.What do you see in the picture?
Ans: In the picture , I see a piece of cloth.
2. What is it called?
Ans: It is called Nakshi Kantha.
3. Have you seen it before ? Where?
Ans: Yes, I have seen it before at my friend’s house.
4. What do we do with it ?
Ans: We use nakshi kantha as our bed covers, table cloth and quilt
English first paper for j.s.c exam
Language: The sound which is used to express a sense is called a language.
Mother Language: The language learnt from mother is called mother language.
Grammar : The book which contains the correct methods of learning language is called Grammar.
English Grammar : The book which contains the correct method of learning English language is called English Language.
Letter: Letter is a symbol usually written or printed representing a speech sound and constituting a unit of an alphabet.
SSC Model Test – 2020
English 2nd Paper
Full Marks: 60 Time: 60 Minutes
Part A: Grammar
1. Fill in the blanks with the words from the box. You may need to change the forms of some of the words. You may need to use one word more than once. 0.5×10=5
Corruption is a form of (a) —- or criminal activity (b) —- by a person or organization entrusted with a position of (c) —-, often to acquire (d) —- benefit or abuse of entrusted power for one’s (e) —- gain. Corruption may include many activities including (f) —- and embezzlement though it may also (g) —- practices that are legal in many countries. (h) —- corruption occurs when an office-holder or other (i) —- employee acts in an official capacity for personal gain. (j) —- to counter corruption are often summarized under the umbrella term anti-corruption. Continue reading
SSC Model Test 2020
English 1st Paper
Full Marks: 50 Time: 60 Minutes
Reading Text (Seen Passage) (Marks-50)
Read the following passage and then answer the questions below it
The advantages of the Internet technology have made it possible to emerge a good number of web sites to facilitate social relations among people around the world. These are known as social networking services or social networks. At present, Facebook is the most popular. Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. are other Continue reading
The term ‘dream’ can include any of the images, thoughts and emotions that are experienced during sleep. Dreams can be extraordinarily vivid or very vague; filled with joyful emotions or frightening images; focused and understandable or unclear and confusing. Some psychologists think that dreams are a subjective interpretation of signals generated by the brain during sleep. Dreams are not meaningless. Instead, during dreams the cognitive elements in our brain produce new ideas. Others think that dreams are the result of Continue reading
Change the narrative style by using indirect speeches.
- “What is your opt occupation?” asked the king. “I do not work at all”, said the stranger, “I wander about God’s kingdom and wherever. He places me, there I remain for the day”. Seeing the stranger’s trust in God, the king felt kindly towards him and said, “Will you come and live in my palace?” The stranger asked, “What I shall do there!” “You’ll water my trees and flower and in exchange you will get food and clothing”, said the king.
- The young man said, “I can’t stay any longer. The king had sent me to do a very important work.” “Friend, tell me what your important work is. I can also help you,” the man requested.
- She said, “What is your name?” “Roger”, answered the boy. “Then, Roger, you go to that sink and wash your face,” said the woman. “Are you going to take me to jail?” asked the boy, bending over the sink. “All I wanted a pair of blue shoes.” “You didn’t have to snatch my purse to get some shoes”, said Mrs. Washington Jones. “You could have asked me”. Continue reading
- “What’s your programme after the examination?” asked Salam. Kamal said, “I’ve not yet decided. Can you suggest any?” “Let us go on a picnic,” said Salam. “What an excellent idea! I shall certainly join you,” said Kamal.
- “We would like to go on an excursion. Can we have your permission, Sir?” said the students. “Yes, you can arrange it after the examination is over. And you should choose a historical place for that”, replied the headmaster. “Thank you, sir.”
- “My sons, listen to me. A great treasure lies hidden in the land. I am going to leave it to you.” “How’ll we find it?” said the sons. “You must dig the land for it,” said the old man. Continue reading
Adolescence is the period in human growth and development that occurs after childhood and before adulthood. This period lasts from twelve or thirteen to nineteen. However, the duration and defining characteristics of this period may vary across time, cultures, and socio-economic situations. It is one of the most critical transitions in one’s life span. The time of adolescence is a period of preparation for adulthood Continue reading
English Second Paper Suggestion for SSC 2020
- For the post of an English Teacher or Lecturer
- For the post of a Librarian
- For the post of a Computer Operator
- For the post of an Account Officer
- For the post of a Marketing Officer/ Manager
- For the post of a Senior/Junior Officer
- For the post of a Medical Representative
English 1st Paper Suggestion for SSC 2020
Seen Passage 01
- Heritage is what we inherit
- The advantages of internet
- Meherjan lives in a slum
- Humans can neither
- 26 March, our independence day
- Countries of the world
- Zahir Raihan was one of the
- 21stFebruary is a memorable day
- The French sculptor, Fedric
- Can you think of a classroom
- May Day or International Workers Day
- Michel Madhusudan Dutt was
- Lake Baikal is the deepest
- Mother Teresa