Rule-1: The + adjective = noun (plural).
1. The rich (be) happy. Ans. are
2. The pious [be] happy.
3. The honest [be] believed by all.
4. The poor [be] helpless.
5. The virtuous [be] happy.
Rule-2: All+plural verb
Example: All [be] happy. Ans.are
Rule-3: If any, each, no one, every one, everybody, everything, nobody, nothing , anything , someone , anybody , many , either , neither etc. are used as a subject in a sentence, the verb will be singular.
Exaples: 1. No cows was there.
2. Everybody [be] present. Ans. was.
3. If already, just , just now , lately , still, yet , etc are in a sentence , the sentence will be present perfect tense. But the word ‘just’ will be placed between have or has and past participle form of verb. Such as: 1. Mitu has already eaten rice.
2. Habib has just received your letter.
3. We have just got the news.
Rule 4 : The p.p form of main verb will be placed after have, has, had.
Such as: 1. I have eaten rice.
2. He has done the sum.
3. Monika had eaten a meal.
4. We will have gone there.
Rule -5: If the subject of present indefinite tense is third person singular number, you will add ‘s’ or ‘es’ at the end of main verb.
Examples:1. Sanzida goes to school everyday.
Rule -7: To make negative or interrogative the sentence without ‘be’ verb, we use do, does, did according to tense and subject.
Examples: 1. He eats rice. [interrogative]= Does he eat rice?
3. We enjoyed the beauty of the girl [Neg]= We did not enjoy the beauty of the girl.
3. They went round the fair. [interrogative]= Did they go round?
Rule 8: If the sentence is Universal truth, habitual truth, it will be in present indefinite tense.
Example: 1. The earth moves round the world.
2. The sun sets in the west.
Rule 9: News, physics, wages, mathematics, polities, gallows are not plural. After these ‘the verb will be singular.
Example: 1. The news is good.
2. Mathematics is a hard subject.
3. Physics is not so easy subject.
Rule-10: If sometimes, always, normally , regularly, usually, everyday, daily, often are in any sentence, the sentence will be in present indefinite tense.
Example: 1. Mother always reads the Quran.
2. I usually go to school at 9.30 am
3. Monika goes to school everyday.
Rule -11: If two subjects are added with the word ‘and’ they mean the same person , the verb will be singular. But if they mean different /separate person , the verb will be plural.
Example: The driver and helper is dead.
2. The headmaster and secretary of the school is coming.
3.The headmaster and the secretary of the school are comin.
4. The driver and the helper are dead.
14. After +past perfect tense +before + past indefinite. Past Perfect tense + before+ past indefinite.
1. The patient died after the doctor had come.
2. The doctor had come before the patient died.
Rule 15 : The noun after ‘one of’ is plural but verb is singular.
Example: 1. One of the girls is absent.
Rule – 17: Let +present indefinite.
Example : 1. Let me drink anything.
2. Let him do the work.
Rule 18 : In the sentence which are arranged with ” Either or /Neither nor , the verb will be placed according to 2nd subject.
1. Either you or your brother has done this .
2. Neither you nor your brothers were present there.
Rule-19: I wish I +be[were].
Example: I wish I were a poet
Rule 20: There is+ singular/there are +plural
Example:1. There is a play ground in the school.2. There are two madrashas in the village.
Rule 21. Public, people, cattle, poultry, peasantry, gentry, mankind + plural.
people of our country are brave.