Rules of Changing Degree
|No other (s)||Than any other (s)||The (s/p)|
|Very few (p)||Than most other (p)||One of the (p)|
|No other (s)||Than all other (p)||The —- of all.|
1. Positive: No other boy in the orphanage is as small as Jerry.
2. Positive: No other wealth of a man is as great as health.
3. Positive: No other form of entertainment is as popular as television.
4. Superlative: The Padma is the longest river in Bangladesh.
5. Superlative: English is one of the richest of all languages in the world.
6. Comparative: Very few metals are so precious as gold.
7. Comparative: Jim and Rima were not less wise than Mim.
8. Superlative: Mutton chop was the cheapest of all dishes on the menu.
9. Superlative: Iron is one of the most useful metals.
10. Positive: Very few foods are so useful as rice.
11. Superlative: Computer is one of the greatest inventions of modern science.
12. Positive: No other boy in the orphanage is as small as Jerry.
13. Comparative: Health is greater than any other wealth of a man.
14. Comparative: The cow is more useful than most other animals.
15. Positive: Very few cities in Bangladesh are as large as Chittagong.
16. Superlative: Dhaka is the oldest town in Bangladesh.
17. Comparative: Peter is cleverer than any other boy in the class.
18. Superlative: Jupiter is the biggest of all planets.
19. Positive: Very few boys are as industrious as John.
20. Superlative: India is the largest democracy in the world