Preposition Model Test 04
16. The moon is a very familiar figure (a) — all of us. She awakens a feeling (b) — love and tenderness in our hearts. Even the infant in arms stretches (c) — its hands to grasp this beautiful object. Nor is her appeal confined (d) — only children. Ever since the stirring of the poetic faculty in man, she has furnished a theme (e) — poets and artists.
Answer – 16: a) to b) of c) out d) to e) to
17. A pious man is absorbed (a) — meditation. He has firm faith in Allah. He abides (b) — the rules of religion. He clings (c) — his faith. He knows that man is accountable to Allah (d) — his action. So he leads his life according to religion. He is not angry (e) — anybody.
Answer – 17: a) in b) by c) to d) for e) with
18. Waste of rubbish is what we throw (a) — everyday. It includes everything (b) — unwanted old cars to cigarette packets. But we have to get rid (c) — our waste. We know that our garbage consists (d) — various kinds of things. In order (e) — reduce our waste, we may think of burning and recycling.
Answer – 18: a) away b) from c) of d) of e) to
19. Today man has been suffering (a) — various diseases. And there is no remedy (b) — some fatal diseases. So man is subject (c) — decay and death. One day he will depart (d) — this world. Here he cannot live (e) — a long time.
Answer – 19: a) from b) for c) to d) from e) for.
20. After having finished our breakfast, we set (a) — getting things ready (b) — cooking lunch. When everything was ready, we set (c) — for sightseeing in three groups, each (d) — a teacher. The bearers were left to cook the meal and keep watch (e) — our things.
Answer – 20: a) about b) for c) out/off d) under e) on.