Primary Education Completion Examination 2016
Read the passage and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
A long time ago, when Raju was in class five, there was a fire in his school. Everyone was very afraid, but no one panicked. The teachers helped the students to leave the building quietly and safely. Soon the firefighters came and put out the fire. Raju watched the firefighters from his school yard. He thought about the fire and the firefighters for a long time. After college, Raju joined a volunteer fire department. As a volunteer, he did not get any money for his work. But Raju did not mind. Now Raju is a full time firefighter. It is his job, so he earns money for it. Most of the time his work is putting out fires but he also teaches new firefighters about safety. He likes teaching very much. In his free time, Raju visits schools. He talks to students about fire safety. He tells them what to do if there is a fire. They shouldn’t panic. They should listen to their teachers and leave building quietly.
1. Write only the answer in your answer paper. 1×10=10
a) An accident happened when Raju was a ——.
i) fire fighter ii) class V student iii) young man iv) college student
b) What is the past form of ‘Leave’?
i) leaved ii) left iii) leave iv) lift
c) ——– came to put out the fire.
i) teachers ii) students iii) volunteers iv) fire-fighters
d) No one —— panicked.
i) become ii) got iii) had iv) were
e) The main work of Raju is —— out the fire.
i) putting ii) put iii) will iv) putted
f) If there is a fire, we should not get ——.
i) nervous ii) panicked iii) afraid iv) careful
g) The base form of ‘began’ is ——–.
i) begun ii) begin iii) begins iv) beginning
h) The base form of ‘thought’ is ——–.
i) think ii) thinking iii) thought iv) thinks
i) The students were helped to ——- the building quietly and safely.
i) leaves ii) left iii) leaving iv) leave
j) The word ‘Safety’ is a/an ———.
i) noun ii) adjective iii) verb iv) adverb
2. Match the words of the column A with their meaning that is mentioned in the text in column B.
|Column A||Column B|
|a) Firefighter||i) the state of being protected from danger.|
|b) Quietly||ii) someone who does a work willingly.|
|c) Panic||iii) to realize.|
|d) Volunteer||iv) a person whose job is to put out fires.|
|e) Safety||v) sickness.|
|vi) without making any noise.|
|vii) frightened or scared.|
3. Answer the following questions 2×5=10
a) What is Raju?
b) Who came to put out the fire?
c) What will you do if there is a fire at your school?
d) What are the most important qualities of a firefighter?
e) What does Raju do in his free time?
4. Write a short composition about “A Fire Fifghter” in five sentences answering the following questions. 10
a) Where was the fire?
b) Who put out the fire?
c) What did they do?
d) How was the fire put out at last?
e) What did you do then?
5. Write only the answer on the answer sheet. 1×10=10
i) Where is the farmer going?
a) to the field b) to the market c) to the river d) nowhere
ii) What is the colour of the sun?
a) yellow b) blue c) black d) red
iii) The green tree is___ the farmer.
a) beside b) near c) behind d) front
iv) In the picture, it is______.
a) evening b) noon c) morning iv) afternoon
v) The leaves of the tree is _______
a) blue b) black c) yellow. d) rose
vi) There are two____in the picture.
a) oxes b) foxes c) oxen d) crows
vii) An ox is in red and white colour and another is ___.
a) black b) white c) ash d) rose
viii) The boat has _____sails.
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 4) 5
ix) A _____is in the boat
a) farmer b) watchman c) tourist d) ferryman
x) It is a very attractive place to visit. The underlined word is a/an____
a) verb b) adverb c) conjunction d) adjective
6. Fill in the blanks with the given words. 1×5=05
a) The farmer has a _____ on his shoulder.
b) There are ____ people in the picture
c) The boat is ____
d) An ox is _____ at the sky.
e) I will ______a picture like this picture.
7. Answer the following questions 2×5=10
a) Who is a farmer?
b) Where does a farmer work?
c) What things are red in the picture?
d) Where do you see the reddish reflection of the sun in the picture?
e) How does the picture look?
8. Write a short composition about ‘A Farmer ‘ at least 5 sentences by answering the following questions in your composition. 10
a) Who is a farmer?
b) Where does a farmer go in the morning?
c) What kinds of animals does a farmer use to cultivate a land?
d) What kind of life does a farmer lead?
9. Suppose, you are Joy/Joya, 33 Dhanmondi, Dhaka and your friend is Arian/Ariana, Feni, Noakhali. Now, Write a letter to your friend about the dailiy activity of a man.
Your letter should have a heading, greeting body, closing and a signature/name. 10
10. Read the instructions about maintain a sound health, and then answer the following questions. (Competencybased) 1+2+3=06
a) What type of water should we drink?
b) Why do we need to take physical exercise?
c) How can you maintain a sound health?
11. Write 5 sentences about your activities in the morning considering the following points. 5
[Write the time in words in your writing.]
a) When do you get up?
b) What do you do then and when?
c) When do you start for school?
12. Re-write the words in the correct order to make meaningful sentences. a) was, a) is, day, great, it, a.
b) friendly, are, teachers, always, that, her, she, thinks.
c) Maria, day, but, see, realizes beautiful, cannot, the, spring.
d) sports, do, play, games, or, do, you, any?
e) tired, man, the, is, old.
13. Suppose, your name is Fabiha Bushra Tajmeen. You want to be a member of an English Language Club. Now fill up the form with information of yourself. 5
| Listeners’ English Language Club
1. Name : ——————
2. Date of birth : ——————-
3. Father’s Name : ——————-
4. Mother’s Name : ——————
5. Class : ——————