Probable Sample Question
Class : Seven
Subject : English
Time: 3 Hours Full Marks:100
Part A : Seen part(20)
Read the text and answer the question:Zishan , Juli and their parents Mr and Mrs. Arif Khan got into a 1stclass compartment at kamalapur Railway Station . It was Dewangonj bound Tista Express . The train left at 8o’;clock . Zishan saw that the departure time 9on the big time table at the station was 7:30. However , the train was running quit fast . The compartment was half empty. Yesterday Julie downloaded a beautiful poem on a train journey by Robert Louis Stevenson . He took a print out of the poem . Now while looking out of the windows , she found similarities between the poem and real scenes . She took out the poem and began to read.
1.Choose the correct answer and write the answers in answer script. 1×7=7
i.) Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of ‘get into ‘?
a.out b.leave c.obtain d.reject
ii.) Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of “leave”?
a.arrive b.quit c.receive d.earn
iii.) Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of “big”?
a.small b.huge c.little d.trivial
iv.) Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of “departure”?
a.arrival b.return c.come back d.exit
v.)Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of “however” ?
a.neverthless b.so c.that’s why d.therefore
vi).Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of “empty”. ?
a.full b.complete c.whole d.vacant
vii.) Which one of the following words has a similar meaning of “quite” ?
a. Partially b.partly c.totally d.particularly
2. Write answer of the following question in English. 2×4=8(a) Where did Zishan , Julie and their parents get into a train ?(b)What was the train’s destination?(c)What do you mean by departure time?(d)What did Julie download the previous day ?(e)Where was the similarities ?
3. Read the text below and fill in the gaps with suitable words . 1×5=5
Pele ___ one of the greatest football players . He is widely ____ as one of the greatest football players of all time . He ___ voted football player of the century in 1999. He _____ more than 1200 goals in his career . He is the top scorer of ___ time . 1×5=5
Part B: Unseen part (25)
Read the text and answer the question 4 and 5 .
Bangladesh is a small country in the south asia on the Bay of Bengal with an area of 147570 sq. km. She got her freedom in 1971 at the cost of supreme sacrice of many valiant sons . The ancient city Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh . People of different religion and tribes live here . But the majority of the people are muslims . It is the most populous country in the world . The total population is about 150 million .
4.Complete the following table with the information given in the passage. 1×5=5
It has an area of
5. Read the passage again and write, weather the statements are true or false . Give correct answer , if it is false . 1×5=5
a.The people of Bangladesh are unpathetic .
b. It is the most populous country in the world .
c.She got her freedon in 1971.
d.People of different religions and tribes live here .
f. The total population of Bangladesh is about 15 million .
6.Read the text below and complete it with suitable words given in box.
Cricket is a foreign (a)___. At (b)____it has (c)_____ more popular (d)______Football in our country . After winning ICC trophy in Malaysia in 1996 , this popularity has increased (d) _ __ .So, the children are (f)_____playing cricket (g)_______ and there . We are (h) ______that Bangladesh has qualified to (i) ___ One day international match “ and we are going to take (j)_______in the “World CUP 99 in England . 7.Read the text below and fill in the gaps with suitable words .Ashis and Arun __two players . I ___them for long time .They are both very close to my family . Ashis is _____a village .Arun lives in a __ town.
8. Make four sentences from the substitution table . 1×4=4
should get up early in the morning
is good for our body and mind
has no bad effect
Is a good habit .
Part –C Grammar (Marks-30)9. Fill in the blank of the following t-ext and Put a cross (x) for zero article : . .5×8=4Lutfur is (a)_ street boy . He is( b) _ orphan . He is (c)_honesfcct boy.He lives in the street of Chittagong ( d)_ city . One day he went toNew Market. He saw (e) __ fruit seller selling different kinds of (f)_ fruit . There he found ( g) __ old man buying some. h)___ appleslooked very fresh.
10. Fill in the blank of the following text with prepositions given inthe box below : .5×8=4
Hello Meem,We went to a picnic a) ___last Friday. We went to Nandon Park.We started b)__6:00 am c)____our school. We started d)___bus.Our class teacher accompanied with us. We reached theree)__11:oo . We spent the whole day there . f) ___ eleveno’clock g)___lunch we did what we wanted . We returned home h)__the evening . We enjoyed very much .11.Change the following sentences as directed in the brackets : 1×5=5(a) He goes to school regularly. (interrogative ) (b) It is abeautiful place . (exclamatory) (c) He is the best boy in the class .(positive) (d) Only he can do it . (negative) (e) Never tell a lie (passive)
12. Fill in the blank of the following text with right form of verbs : .5×8=4Ashamoni (a)____(to be ) a good student . She (b)___ (go) to schoolregularly . She sits to (c)__(read ) at 6 :00 pm in the evenning .She thinks that she should (d)___ (study) hard to (e)_____(make) agood result in the exam . So, she studies up to 10:30 pm . Then she(f)____ (take) her supper and g)___ (go) to bed . She (h)___ (get) upearly in the morning . At 10:00 am , she takess her bath , eats hermeals and goes to school .
13. Re-write the following passage using capitalization and punctuation : .5×8=4 “lend me your pen please” , asad asked. i took my pen out of mypocket . “i will give it back to you in a moment “ he promised.’’don’t worry you can keep it as long as you want ’’ i said .
Part –D: Composition (Marks: 30)14. Suppose , you are Roni/Rina . You have a friend namedMoni/Monika . Now write an email to your friend Moni/Monikainviting him to your birthday party .
15. Rudra is talking with Biplob. Write a dialogue between Rudra and Biplob about Traffic jam.
16.Answer the following question into a continuous paragraph on “ National Flag” 10 .
a.What is a national flag ? b. What does it `symbolize ? c. Which memory does the blood red colour bear ? d. How do you feel for your national flag ? e. How can you uphold its honour ?