Complete the text adding suffixes and prefixes or the both with the root words.
1. Hazrat Muhammad (Sm.) is the last prophet of Allah and the (a) lead of all prophets. He is the greatest of men and (b) teach ever born on the earth. Before his birth Arabia was steeped in (c) dark, ignorance and superstition. The Arabs were ignorant and wicked and they led (d) beast lives. They were (e) worship of many gods and goddesses. He got no opportunity for learning. But he was taught much higher things than book – knowledge by nature and the (f) seen hand of Allah. From his (g) boy he was (h) thought, honest and (i) truth. He was called Al-Amin or the (j) trust one.
a. leader b. teachers c. darkness d. beastly e. worshippers f. unseen g. boyhood h. thoughtful i. truthful j. truthful.
2. Ours is a big (a) industry area in the country. Life of our area is (b) frequent paralyzed due to the failure of electric supply. The (c) own of both of the factories and industries are having a crucial time because their (d) product have been hampered much due to frequent (e) fail of electric supply. But they have to pay the wage (f) regular. Moreover, when there is (g) dark all around, thieves and anti-social people get opportunity to steal anything. As a result theft, (h) robber and other anti-social activities have increased. We have (i) frequent attention to the local WAPDA office but of no use. We, therefore, draw the attention of the WAPDA to look into the matter and (j) sure the regular supply of electricity in our locality.
a. industrial, b. frequently c. owners d. productions e. failure f. regularly g. darkness h. robbery i. frequently j. ensure
3. The motive behind all (a) invent is to make human life (b) comfort. But if they are not used (c) proper, they become the source of (d) comports (behave). Similarly, loud speaker was invented to reach the voice of the (e) speak to all the audience in a function. But now-a-days this (f) use instrument has turned into an object of annoyance. The students are the worst (g) suffer as they fail to concentrate their attention to study. The owner (h) entire forget that the (i) education institutions, offices, hospitals and other (j) organizes are situated on the streets.
a. inventions b. comfortable c. properly d. discomfort e. speakers f. useful g. sufferers g. entirely h. entirely i. educational j. organizations
4. (a) Fail in English in our country is a common matter. There are many reasons of failure of the students in English and the reasons are not far to seek. (b) First our educational system is (c) defect. The English text books for the students of our country are not (d) suit for them. Secondly the students are not motivated / inspired to learn English. They think that it is (e) necessary to spend time in learning English. Moreover, as English is a foreign language it is very difficult to learn. So they (f) like learning English. They think it is mare (g) waste of time. Thirdly most of the English (h) teach are not good at English. They are (i) competent. Fourthly the students only cram the answers. In the exam hall they forget what they have crammed. So the answers they write are (j) correct.
(a) Failure (b) Firstly (c) defective (d) suitable (e) unnecessary (f) dislike (g) wasting/wastage (h) teachers (i) incompetent (j) incorrect
5. Slum (a) dwell are (b) root people. (c) Actual they are rootless and they have to take shelter under different circumstances. They live there in an (d) human condition. They are deprived of all kinds of human rights. About 80 percent of the slum dwellers suffer from hunger, (e) nutrition and different types of diseases. As a result many of them die a (f) mature death and the others fight with the death. They live in a society of (g) lawless and violence. They are exploited by so called political (h) lead for organizing hortals, picketing, damaging vehicles etc. The govt. and NGO welfare (i) organize should come forward to (j) habilitate them.
(a) dwellers (b) rootless (c) actually (d) inhuman (e) malnutrition (f) premature g) lawlessness (h) leaders (i) organizations (j) rehabilitate