Without+ geround: a. Without walking fast, you can not catch the train.
b. Without working hard, we can not prosper in life.
22. by+ geround: a. By working hard, we can prosper in life
b. By writing more, you can be a writer.
23. The place….. where:
a. The bus station
is the place where buses stop and start from.
b. It is the place from where we can …
24. so many/so much:
a. There were so many that we could not count.
b. He has so much money that he can buy the house.
c. There are so many stars in the sky that we can not count.
d. There are so many rats in our house, we can not count.
25. whatever: a. Let him do whatever he likes.
26. While+ main verb+ing /while+past continuous tense:
a. While he was walking, he saw a snake.
b. While walking in the garden, he saw a snake.
26. Lest means not so that: a. He ran fast lest he should miss the train.
b. I worked lest I should fail.
c. I studied hard lest I should fail.
27 It is high time+ past form of verb : a. It is high time we did the work.
b. It is high time he wrote this.
c. It is high time he change his habit.
28. subject+verb+object+verb ing: a. I saw him eating.
b. I saw him writing .
29. as if/as though: a. He speaks as if he knew everything. b. He speaks as if he had gone mad.